Saturday 24 August 2013

CAMPARI AND BLACKBERRIES AND JOHNNY HODGES!

MY NEW FAVOURITE DRINK ON A SUMMER EVENING

I love Campari. And I sometimes like a drink when I am cooking in the evening.
Decided to do a cool drink using the blackberries I had picked from the hedge.

Emma Hamilton cocktail!

It only took a moment to fix.

Meanwhile, I put on my favourite Johnny Hodges music and listened to 'I Got it Bad (And That Ain't Good)'.

Here is an idea:  put your glass in the fridge or freezer to get cold, then...

Put several ice cubes in the glass after it is cold. Add a few luciously ripe and juicy blackberries and crush them a bit.
Squeeze an orange and add the juice to the blackberries and ice.

Then add a good glug of Campari (which ideally will have been in the fridge too).

I put in a couple of springs of mint and a slice of orange, then I drank it - I must admit I drank it quite quickly!

I have called it Emma Hamilton Cocktail, she may have liked it.

1 comment:

  1. The cocktail sounds delicious, I will try it! Must add Campari to the shopping list. Mint is growing in the garden as we speak (despite being eaten by a caterpiller). Emma Hamiltion liked the good life so I am guessing she would enjoy this drink!

    ReplyDelete

Comment